city at night

city at night

Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Change of Face

I am falling behind in reporting everything that I have been doing with Nancy and Fred on their visit to Mexico City.  As I said in the last post, on Saturday we attended the Day of the Dead Parade.  

Prior to staking a claim along the street to watch the parade, Fred, Nancy, Alejandro and I all had our faces painted for the occasion.  Having one's face painted as a skull has become very popular this time of year.  Next to the Alameda Park there were at least a couple dozen tents set up where professional makeup artists were painting faces.  The cost for most designs was a mere 100 pesos (around $5 US).


We decided on a booth, and we had to wait our turn since the makeup artists had a lot of customers.  While waiting, Nancy, Fred and I chose designs from photos on display in the booth.  Alejandro, however, had previously found a picture on the internet of a design that he liked.  He had printed it out and had brought it with him.  

Nancy was the first to be called.  She had chosen a simple design that did cover her entire face with paint.  Pink paint and glitter surrounded her eyes.



Fred was next, and he went with a "half-skull" look.



Alejandro's design continued down his neck.


My design did not go down my neck, but it did cover my entire face.



So here are the finished products...





Without a doubt, Alejandro's face was the best.

5 comments:

  1. I don't know that I would be as game as Nancy and Fred and have my face painted like that. Way to go! -Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would get in the spirit and have your face painted! By the way, Nancy says hello.

      Delete
    2. Please tell her "hello" back from me! -Meredith

      Delete
  2. Fantastico! So glad Nancy and Fred got their Dio de los Muertos on! I would be Catrina!

    ReplyDelete