city at night

city at night

Thursday, October 18, 2018

The Gringo Cook Is Back

I spend my first two nights in Mexico City at Alejandro's house, and on Wednesday I gave him and his sister a break from cooking by preparing a couple dinners for the family.  When Alejandro and I walked his nephew Ezra to school that morning, I asked him what he wanted to eat that day.  I was thoroughly expecting him to say meatballs, which are his favorite food.  Instead, he said chicken.  I then went to the nearby Walmart and did some grocery shopping. 

When I got back to Alejandro's house, I started cooking.  I combined shredded chicken breast with sautéed onions, bell peppers and garlic, baby carrots, green peas, a jar of Alfredo sauce, and cooked noodles.


I'm not sure that is what Ezra had in mind when he said he wanted chicken for dinner, but he cleaned his plate.  His grandfather definitely seemed to like it and had two helpings.  It tasted pretty good to me too.  I like dinners that are easy to throw together, and I might make this again for myself at home.

I also prepared the meatballs in tomato sauce that Ezra always enjoys.  That can be dinner for another day this week.

2 comments:

  1. I may usurp that chicken recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be my guest.
      Ezra later told me that he liked the chicken Alfredo. The only reason he didn't have seconds was because he didn't want to be too full when he went to his tai kwan do class.

      Delete