city at night

city at night

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

One Thousand

On October 27, 2013, close to four years ago, I began writing this blog.  It is hard to believe, but this post is the 1000th entry that I have written here.  More than half of the posts are about Mexico, and more than one third are about Mexico City.

My statistics page on BlogSpot shows me which posts have been the most popular.  The number one post with over 2200 page views is an entry that I wrote in February of 2014 about the Mexican landscape painter José María Velasco.  More than three years later I am still getting visitors to that page, and it baffles me.  When I do a Google search on the artist, my blog entry does not appear anywhere on the first five pages of results, so I have no idea where these visitors are coming from.

The second most visited page, with 849 views, was a post that I wrote in March of 2014 entitled "How My Love Affair with Mexico Began".  In it I describe how I switched my major in college to Spanish and my very first trip to Mexico.  Going back and reading it again, I do think that it is one of my better entries.

Number three with 648 views is a piece that I wrote in December of 2013 about Weisstannen, Switzerland.  Unbeknownst to me, the hotel where I stayed in that little Alpine village put a link to my blog on their website.  So every so often I get a visitor, usually from Switzerland, looking at that page.

In fourth and fifth positions with 376 and 372 views are two posts that I wrote during my previous trip to Mexico City in June / July of this year.  One was about the Saturday Bazaar in the neighborhood of San Angel, and the other was about a Mexican sandwich known as a "pambazo".

I hope that I am around and still traveling to write another 1000 posts!



6 comments:

  1. You are rapidly catching me up on the blog post count. But spending so much time in Mexico does give you the edge for material and inspiration...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. If you look at the monthly count under the archive list, you can tell which months were spent at home. Ohio is just not as interesting as Mexico.
      Saludos,
      Bill

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the milestone! I enjoy following your adventures.
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really likes your blog and You have shared the whole concept really well. and Very beautifully soulful read! thanks for sharing.

    ผลบอลเมื่อคืน

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! A thousand posts!

    As to how people find your posts, sometimes it's the result of image search. I wondered how some of my posts were so popular, and I did what you did, namely Google for them. But I was surprised that they never turned up in the top 4-5 pages. But when I did image search, I'd often find my images from posts on the first page. That's one way you might be getting hits that you can't otherwise explain.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Redding, CA
    Which is vying with Ohio for lack of blog fodder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the Google image search also, and came up with "nada".

      Delete