city at night

city at night

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Modern Mexico City

There are, unfortunately, plenty of ignorant "gringos" who think that Mexico City must be one enormous slum.  Of course there is plenty of poverty here, but Mexico City is the capital of the fifteenth largest economy in the world.  There is plenty of wealth to be found here too.

Now I know that my faithful readers do not fall into the ignorant "gringo" category, but every once in a while I like to include some photos which are not of the picturesque or historical aspects of the city, but which show Mexico City as a modern metropolis similar any other major city of the world. 

Last week as I was taking one of my long walks, I snapped some pictures along Insurgentes Avenue.  I went inside this shopping mall with three floors of international stores.


An underground shopping passage connects the mall to a very large branch of the Liverpool department store chain next door.


All along the avenue there are high-rise office buildings.







And it seems that everywhere there are more buildings under construction.



No comments:

Post a Comment