city at night

city at night

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Greetings from Tehuacán



Views from our hotel


February 5th is Constitution Day, but it is observed on Monday to create a three day weekend.  (The Mexicans refer to it as a "puente", a bridge.)  Alejandro and I decided to take advantage of his day off, and go on a road trip.  We decided on Tehuacán, a city about four hours from Mexico City in the state of Puebla near the border with the state of Oaxaca.  I have passed through Tehuacán in the past on bus rides between the capital  and Oaxaca, but I have never visited it.  Although it is a city of around 250,000 inhabitants, it doesn't have that much to recommend it as a tourist destination.  However there a few sights in the vicinity that we wanted to see.  In my next several posts I will write about what there is to see in the area of Tehuacán. 


No comments:

Post a Comment