from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Two Favorites in One

Last year I wrote about the "pambazo", of type of Mexican sandwich which has become a favorite of mine.  A couple weeks ago I wrote about the restaurant "Hijos del Maíz" which specializes in "chilaquiles", another favorite.

Today I left Alejandro's house for a couple days and returned to the apartment which I rent.  For lunch I went back to "Hijos del Maíz" and I ordered a "pambazo de chilaquiles".

The "pambazo" is a thick roll dunked in salsa and filled with potatoes and chorizo.  "Chilaquiles" are crisp tortilla triangles simmered in salsa with other ingredients.  Here the "chilaquiles" were mixed with the chorizo and potatoes and stuffed within the "pambazo" roll.


It was very filling, and very tasty.  And, as you can see from the photo, it's the type of sandwich that must be eaten with a knife and fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment