city at night

city at night

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Keeping My Distance

I still have my cold.  I really don't feel bad... in fact I took a long walk this afternoon.  The runny nose, sneezing and coughing are simply an annoyance.  However, as long as I have symptoms, I do not want to return to stay with Alejandro's family.  It would be bad enough if I gave the cold to one of the other family members, but it one of them spread the bug to Alejandro's mom it could be a very serious thing.  At her age and in her weakened condition, a simple cold could easily develop into pneumonia.

The situation with Alejandro's mom is not good at all.  She is still in that dreadful hospital.   The doctor says that there is nothing that can be done other than dialysis.  However Alejandro's mother has said that she does not want to go through dialysis, and Alejandro and Sandra are respecting her wishes.  In spite of that, the doctor refuses to release her from the hospital.  Tomorrow, Alejandro is going to go to the hospital administration to demand that she be released. 

It has been a nightmare, not just for their mom, but for Alejandro and Sandra too.  The stress that they are under is enormous, and I worry about them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment