from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Street Sounds


There are all sorts of sounds on the street that are unique to a Mexican city.  I have always been meaning to capture some of them, but I never have.  Either my camera is not nearby, or by the time I take it out the moment has passed.  This morning at Alejandro's house I heard the sound of the man coming down the street ringing a bell.  I grabbed my camera, rushed upstairs, and was just in time to film the bell-ringing fellow as he passed by the house.


Anyone who has spent much time in Mexico knows what that bell means.  It's time to bring out your garbage.  In some neighborhoods the garbage truck is following the bell ringer down the street.  In Alejandro's neighborhood, the truck is parked around the corner, and the residents come out with their trash and take it to the truck.  Garbage collection is done on a daily basis.

Perhaps I will have a chance to record some more of the unique Mexican street sounds before this trip is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment