from airplane

from airplane

Monday, January 15, 2018

Shivering in the Tropics

Mexico City's location is in the tropics, but, as I have said before, its climate is moderated by its elevation.  Well, the last couple days the weather has "moderated" down to being downright cold.  This morning, for the second day in a row, the temperature has been 32 degrees Fahrenheit when I got up in the morning.

Yesterday the house never warmed up, and when I sat in the living room I was wrapped up in a blanket.  My feet never were cold all day. The high temperature was in the low sixties Fahrenheit (the afternoons usually rise to the seventies).  I went up to the roof to enjoy the sun.  Although the sun's warmth felt good on my face, there was a chilly breeze at my back.

Alejandro left very early yesterday morning to go to the hospital.  He won't be back until this evening.  His sister Sandra returned home later in the morning, and immediately went to bed.  She had not been able to get much sleep at the hospital the night before.  

For Sunday dinner I fixed penne pasta with sauce.  The sauce was from a can, but I doctored it up, and it wasn't too bad.  I had also bought some meatballs to serve with the pasta.  Meatballs are one of little Ezra's favorites.  They weren't like the ones his grandmother makes in a tomato broth, but he seemed to like them.  He asked for three with his pasta and he ate them all.  There was one meatball left over, and when I asked him if I should save it for him for his evening supper, he enthusiastically said, "Sí".

For some time a neighbor, who prepares home cooked meals as a business, has been bringing food to the house once a week.  Sandra has now arranged to have meals delivered three times a week, so today I don't have to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment