city at night

city at night

Thursday, June 1, 2023

It's June!

This morning, when Alejandro returned from taking his sister to work, he said to me jokingly, "You didn't change the calendar."   When I am not in Mexico, I always tease him at the beginning of a month, "Did you remember to change the calendar?"  The calendar in question is one that I made for them, a calendar which this year features photos I took of works in the Cleveland Museum of Art.


This month we have a bright, sunny painting that seemed appropriate for the cheerful month of June.  Bernardo Belloto was an 18th century painter famous for his urban landscapes.  He traveled throughout Europe and did landscapes of Dresden, Vienna, Warsaw and other cities.  Here is a painting of the Plaza San Marco in his hometown of Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment