from airplane

from airplane

Monday, May 23, 2022

The Spoiled Traveler


I admit it; I am spoiled.  Since before the pandemic, I have been traveling to Mexico in first or business class, and I have become accustomed to the comfort.  Searching the United Airlines website whenever planning a trip, I have always been able to find round-trip tickets to Mexico City on first or business class for under $800.  (I tend to make my reservations far in advance.  I don't know if that is part of the reason why I have been successful in finding good fares.)  Since I am traveling alone, and I am spending less in Mexico than I would at home, I figure that I can afford that splurge.  

The invasion of Ukraine occurred in February while I was on my winter trip.  I figured that fuel prices would soon be going up, so, as soon as I returned home in March, I went ahead and made reservations for my trips in August and October.  (I was already booked for my April flight.)  I found first-class tickets for those trips that were still under $800, so I jumped on them.  

The other day I was on the website looking at fares for next January, and, yes, the prices have gone up.  The cheapest first-class price I could find was a little under $1100.  However, basic economy was over $900... not that much of a difference.  I will wait a while before booking, but I just might go ahead and continue pampering my spoiled self.  


No comments:

Post a Comment