from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Iris

 The iris in my garden are now blooming.  Once the buds appeared I had to spray them all with deer repellant, and fortunately, this year the deer have not bothered them.

In the back yard, my two clumps of white, bearded iris are flowering.


Another clump, in a different color, which my friend Frank gave me a few years ago, has buds and will soon blossom.

In the front yard my clump of purple bearded iris is blooming.


However, it does not have as many flowers this year.  I think I will have to read up on how to separate the rhizomes which must be done every few years.  From the photo you can see that the rhizomes look rather crowded.

Throughout my garden I also have Siberian iris.  They have tall, grass like leaves, and a smaller but very pretty flower.



No comments:

Post a Comment