city at night

city at night

Sunday, July 4, 2021

A Taste of India

Yesterday my friend Frank came over, and we went out for dinner.  We went to a nearby Indian restaurant that was very good in the pre-pandemic days.  However, it is now under new management and has a new name.  It is now called "Saffron Patch".  I was interested in finding out if it was still as good as it used to be.

When we went in, we saw, as before, that the clientele was mostly from India or of Indian descent.  That's a good sign.  The menu was completely changed, and many of my favorites were no longer there.  Fortunately, my favorite beverage, "mango lassi", a tasty drink made with mango and yogurt was still there.  Our waitress was very helpful, and explained the dishes with which we were not familiar.  My favorite appetizer had always been "paneer pakora"... cubes of fried Indian cheese.  The new menu included stuffed "paneer pakora".  I don't know what the cheese was stuffed with, but it was very good.  For our main course we both ordered different kinds of curry with chicken and orders of naan, the traditional bread of India.






 I am happy to report that the food is still excellent, and I am looking forward to returning!

No comments:

Post a Comment