city at night

city at night

Friday, June 4, 2021

Preparing for Christmas

If you have read my blog over the years, you know that every summer I paint a small picture which I use for my Christmas card.  


Last year I did a painting of Lake Hallwil in Switzerland.  In the summer of 2019 my cousin Gail and her husband Wes were with me there, and our Swiss cousin Werner took us for a ride on his boat around the lake.  I took one of my photos and reimagined it as a winter scene for the card.

This year I am running ahead of schedule, and I have already completed the painting for my 2021 card.  I started in late May.  The month of June started with some chilly, rainy days which made it impossible to work in the garden.  So I stayed inside, and devoted myself to painting.  Yesterday afternoon I finished it.  Later this month I will take it to a printer and have cards made.

Of course I will not reveal the painting until December after all the cards have been sent.



No comments:

Post a Comment