from airplane

from airplane

Monday, June 28, 2021

Christmas Shopping

 At the beginning of this month I wrote that I had completed the painting that I do each year for my Christmas card and that it is at the printer's.  Now I can say that the bulk of my Christmas shopping is completed.  I purchased some gifts on my last trip to Mexico, and I will buy some more when I return in August.  However, the item which I give each year to friends and relatives (including my European cousins) arrived a few days ago via UPS.

Every year I go to the on-line company Shutterfly and create a calendar using photos from my travels.  In 2020, of course, I did no traveling, so I picked out photos I had taken of my hometown of  Cleveland, Ohio, for the 2021 calendar.








This year, although I have resumed my trips to Mexico, I have not done much sightseeing.  So for the 2022 calendar I picked a theme, went to my photo files on the computer, and selected pictures from different parts of the world.

After completing my project on Shutterfly, the calendars were sent to me in just a few days.  What is the theme of the new calendar?  Well, just like the painting that I do for my Christmas card, that is top secret until Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I do Shutterfly calendars as well, along with custom holiday cards. Last year I used pictures of Tennessee as, like yourself, there wasn't much traveling that took place. This year I might do something wildlife-themed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shutterfly does a really nice job.
      As you may know from the blog, I do my own Christmas cards with an original painting of mine. I used to print them myself on my printer, but the last few years I have saved myself a lot of work and taken the painting to a professional printer. I pick up the cards this Friday.

      Delete