from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Roses and Peonies

I earlier posted a photo of the rose bushes in the front of my house.  They are full of blossoms this year.  I also have a couple of roses in the back yard next to the pergola, and they too are doing better than usual this year.

The white rose always has a good number of flowers, but this year it is exceptionally full of buds.  Here is one of the first blossoms to open.


On the other side of the pergola is an orange rose which I feared was not getting enough sun.  It struggled each year to send out of couple of stalks and produce a couple of flowers.  This year it is bushier, and it has over a dozen buds and blooms.


Even the couple of miniature roses I have are doing better than usual.



Ever since I was a child there was a peony bush which belonged to my mother.  Over the years its location became too shady, and it was being crowded out by other perennials.  It was lucky to produce a flower or two.  A few years ago I transplanted it to a sunnier location and gradually each June I would see a few more flowers.  This year it finally seems to be flourishing.



No comments:

Post a Comment