from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

More Flowers

 Here are some more flowers that are currently blooming in my garden...

Some of the astilbe are have started to bloom.  I have quite a few of them.  They like shady, moist areas (perfect for many parts of my garden), and they are deer resistant.  One less plant that I have to spray with repellant!



The Mexican primrose are now in full bloom.



In one of my large flower pots I planted a hibiscus this year.



I planted two different colors of miniature dahlias in the flower box... plain yellow, and this bicolored variety which I really like.



I have several Oriental lilies planted in the flower beds.  Sadly, it is always a race to spray them with repellent once the buds form, because they are a favorite of the deer.  They only flower once, and if the deer eat the buds, there will be no flowers on the plant that year. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment