city at night

city at night

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Work Continues

I have written about the project that is being done in my front yard.  The work is going slowly.  I suspect that the landscaping company overextended themselves by taking on too many jobs, and our rainy weather has not helped with their schedule.  No one was here all week until Friday morning when the Mexican workers arrived.  However they had to cut their work day short when it started to rain in the afternoon.  On Saturday, Raymundo, the skilled craftsman of the group, returned by himself to complete the faux stone border.

I use to have an oak tree in front of the house, with an area of pachysandra as ground cover around it.  A few years ago I lost the tree.  Rather than planting a new tree I put in a few bushes.  The landscape timbers which surrounded the area were rotting, so I had them replace the timbers with the same kind of border that they put across the front of the house.


Although I will leave much of the pachysandra in place, I am thinking about planting some perennial flowers or some more bushes in the area, but that will probably not happen until next year.

Raymundo has a few finishing touches to do, but then they will prepare the ground and put in the new front lawn.  I hope that the project will be complete long before I leave for Mexico in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment