from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Dinner with a View

On top of the Mexico City World Trade Center, there is a circular structure.



That is the location of the Bellini Restaurant, the largest revolving restaurant in the world.  



Several years ago, Alejandro had a coupon for the restaurant, and we went there to eat on a Sunday afternoon.  I wouldn't say that the food was bad, but it wasn't memorable.  I have no idea what the prices are.  I have looked at the menu on its website, and prices are not listed.  Reviews of the restaurant vary, but they all say that it is expensive.  However expensive by U.S. standards and expensive by Mexican standards are two different things.  The only indication of price that I have been able to find is from a tour company which offers transportation and a three course dinner for $65 U.S. per person.  

Of course, what you are paying for is the view.  Located on the 45th floor, the view is spectacular.  During the course of your dinner the restaurant makes a complete 360 degree revolution.  

The reason that I bring this up is that I am wondering whether or not my friends would like to have a splurge dinner there when they come to visit me in Mexico City this fall.  It is something that I shall have to discuss with them when I return home.

No comments:

Post a Comment