chile en nogada

chile en nogada

Sunday, September 27, 2026

I Hate Graffiti!

I have expressed a number of time how much I despise graffiti, and it seems as if is getting worse and worse.  What especially infuriates me is that these vandals are defacing so much of the lovely street art that graces the city.

One case in point are the murals at Juárez Market on Avenida Chapultepec.  The building was covered with murals... portraits of people that I assume are vendors at the market.  I walked by there a few days ago, and I was disappointed to see that the low-life vandals have been at work here.

They even somehow climbed to the upper level of the paintings to leave their mark.




The lower level has mostly been painted over; I assume to cover up the graffiti.  In several spots there are signs saying that the murals are going to be restored.


I'm glad to see that the market is taking action to restore the paintings.  I just hope that the punks with their damn cans of spray paint stay away... but I am not optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment