Yesterday I thought that my hobby of blogging had come to an end when I was not able to insert any more photos. (It would be such a boring blog if I couldn't put pictures in my entries. The beauty of Mexico... as well as other places I've visited... demands photos!!!)
As I explained in the previous blog post, I had read that you can upload unlimited photos as long as they do not exceed 2048 pixels in either length or width. I always reduce the size of my pictures before uploading them to the blog. So what's the problem? However, I was looking at how many bytes they were, instead of paying any attention to the pixels. Upon closer examination there were more pictures in the albums that exceeded the pixel size than I realized. I guess I had just reached the limit of storage space because of it.
I went back and removed one of those photos from a recent post. That's all it took. I made that picture smaller, and I was able to put it back. I went to the blog post that I had started yesterday, and I had no problem at all uploading photos. (That post will appear tomorrow.) I am just going to have to be very careful to always check the pixels because I am apparently right at the brink of the limit.
A reader named Troy, who had never commented before, wrote that if I were unable to find a fix, that he would try to help. That was so kind of him. Much appreciated!
So, the Retired Teacher is back in business and will continue blogging as long as I am still alive and kicking, or until blogging has become so obsolete that Google eliminates Blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment