zocalo

zocalo

Friday, November 10, 2023

Snowy Popo

 The rainy season in Mexico, which stretches throughout the summer months, is over.  Since my arrival here just over two weeks ago, it had not rained a drop, and most days have been beautifully sunny.  That does not mean that there is no rain at all during the dry season.  Yesterday afternoon it was cloudy, and, while I was eating at a nearby "taquería", it started to rain.  Fortunately, I had an umbrella with me.  The showers continued off and on through the evening.  This morning, as I write this, the sky is clear, and the sun is coming up.

I took a look at the webcams of the volcano Popocatépetl, and, sure enough, its upper flanks were covered with snow.  There was a very pronounced line at which the elevation made it cold enough for the precipitation to fall as snow.








No comments:

Post a Comment