zocalo

zocalo

Monday, November 20, 2023

On the Wall

Over the months when I was bringing smaller things in my suitcases that I wanted here in Mexico, there were a number of items that I needed to get framed.  I figured that framing is much less expensive down here, and they would be easier to pack unframed.

Among those items were two Christmas cards that one of my Swiss cousins had sent me the last two years.  They are examples of the Swiss art of paper-cutting, or "Scherenschnitte".  I definitely wanted to frame them and hang them in my new home in Mexico.

I went to a framing shop that I always pass on my way to the public market in Colonia del Valle.  They put the cards in metallic frames with non-glare glass.  I picked them up last week.  The cost was much less than it would have been in the U.S., but I think they look nice.  They are now hanging on the wall of my office.




 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you. Those were two Christmas cards that I simply HAD to save.

      Delete