flowers

flowers

Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Returning to Mexico

 


Tomorrow I will be back in Mexico City!  My first flight, from Cleveland to Houston, leaves at 6:15 A.M.  That means that I should be at the airport by 4:15.  I have a taxi scheduled to pick me up at 3:45.  I am really wondering whether I should bother trying to get any sleep tonight or not. 

For the last couple of years I have been indulging myself with business or first-class tickets since I was able to find fares that were not too outrageous.  However, when I made the reservations for this trip, the prices all seemed very high.  I booked economy seats using my frequent traveler miles.  I then kept checking on the prices for upgrading.  For some reason an upgrade to first class for the Cleveland - Houston segment remained quite high, so I simply paid to change my seat to a more comfortable "Economy Plus" seat.  On the Houston - Mexico City segment and my flights home, the price for upgrade was not bad.  So, for three of my four flights, I will be enjoying business or first class again.  

I will spend a little over a month in Mexico City, and I will be there to celebrate Easter and my husband's birthday.  This trip I will simply relax and enjoy my time in Mexico City with Alejandro.  However, I hope that by the time I take my next trip, the owner of the condo I rent will be ready to sell me the property, and I will take the next big step in my permanent move to Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment