flowers

flowers

Monday, April 24, 2023

Another Edition of "Street Art"

Mexico City has long been famous for its street art, and on my trips here I have frequently posted miscellaneous examples that I have encountered on my wanderings around the city.

Here are some more works that I have recently found...



 On a high-rise building along Insurgentes Avenue


On the exterior walls of the Juárez Market along Chapultepec Avenue there are some new mural paintings.






I suspect that these paintings are portraits of vendors who work in the market.

Then around the corner of the market building are two paintings which seem to reflect evolution of the marketplace from Aztec times to the present day.





On the wall of a nearby school is an appropriate painting.



Here is a variety of street art seen while walking through the neighborhood of Roma.











2 comments:

  1. I love to find street art when traveling. When the paintings start to peel or become shabby looking, are they painted over?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some that with age look shabby. Also, at least in some neighborhoods, vandals deface the paintings with graffiti.

      Delete