flowers

flowers

Monday, April 17, 2023

MLB Comes to Mexico City

 As I was walking down the Paseo de la Reforma last week, I saw this billboard advertising an upcoming series of Major League Baseball games to be played here in Mexico City.


On April 29th and 30th, the San Diego Padres and the San Francisco Giants will play two regular season games at the Alfredo Harp Helú Stadium.  I had never heard of the stadium, so I did a bit of research.  It is located on the east side of Mexico City and was inaugurated in 2019 as the new home of the "Diablos Rojos" (Red Devils), the winningest team in the Mexican Baseball League.  It is the only stadium to have been built in the last fifty years in city, and it has capacity for over 20,000 spectators.    Here is a photo of the stadium that I found on the internet...



No comments:

Post a Comment