from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Snail is Moving Faster

 I have written a number of times about the painfully slow Mexican postal service.  I have been sending postcards from Ohio to Alejandro's nephew Ezra in Mexico City.  I sent one in March which arrived nearly four months later in July.  I sent another card in late May.  That one arrived last week... about two and a half months.  The most recent card was sent on July 15th, and Ezra received it on August 14th... just under a month!  Wow!  The pace seems to be picking up.  

I have to go to the post office to send a thank-you card to my cousin Brigitta in Switzerland for the birthday present that she sent me.  I may as well send off another postcard to Ezra.  We will see how long this one will take.  Maybe three weeks?

Sunset on Lake Erie

No comments:

Post a Comment