from airplane

from airplane

Thursday, August 20, 2020

The End of Summer School

Since the end of June I have been giving English lessons to Alejandro's nephew, Ezra, via Skype.  Twice a week we would get together and spend about a half hour practicing English.  It's been a fun experience for me especially with such a sweet and intelligent kid as Ezra.  Ezra has been studying English since the first grade, so he already knew much of the material that we covered.  However, there were always a few vocabulary words that were new to him, plus he had the experience of listening to a native English speaker.  I think that when I finally am able to return to Mexico, he will no longer be so hesitant to converse with me in English. 

Next Monday is the beginning of the new school year.  Ezra will be entering the fifth grade.  However, because the pandemic continues unabated in Mexico City, the classes will once again be on-line.  He will be on the computer each day from 8:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M., and then in the afternoon he will be busy with his homework.

So, today was our last session together.  He seemed genuinely sad that we would not be meeting on Skype for our English lessons, but I told him that if he needs any help with his English homework, I am here for him.

He sent me this drawing with a rainbow and happy faces as a thank you for his lessons.


And thank you, Ezra, for being the kind of student that makes teaching a pleasure.
I hope you have continued success in the fifth grade and that you soon will be able to return to the classroom safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment