from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

An Inside Joke

Long before the pandemic, when traveling in Mexico I would usually carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer to clean my hands before eating in a restaurant.  The word in Spanish is "sanitizante", which is a bit of a mouthful.  Once, when I was with Alejandro, I had a slip of the tongue, and I said "satanizante".   That is actually a real word in Spanish.  It means "demonizing"... think "Satan-izing"  That became a running joke with us.  When at a restaurant he would ask me, or I would ask him, "Did you bring the 'satanizante'?"  It has reached the point where "satanizante" rolls off my tongue much easier than "sanitizante".

Alejandro sent me the photo below, and it gave us both a laugh.  It's a picture of an establishment which is probably a "no-tell" motel.  The big sign outside assures the customers during this time of pandemic that the rooms have been "demonized"!


No comments:

Post a Comment