city at night

city at night

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Flowers of Giverny

If you are an admirer of the painter Claude Monet, you have probably heard of Giverny, his country home.  And you probably immediately think of the pond of water lilies which inspired so many of his paintings.


The water lily pond is still there, and is a highlight of a visit to Giverny.  But the gardens of Monet's home are very extensive, and contain a wide variety of beautiful flowers.  Here are a few close-ups of blossoms that I took when I visited last month.









2 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers. Makes me long for my own garden.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    DF, Mexico
    Where we believe in flower power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim. Unfortunately my own garden is full of weeds which I am slowly pulling out. LOL

      Delete