city at night

city at night

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Organizing the Photos

Upon returning from a lengthy trip such as the one I just took, one of the major tasks is to organize all of my photos and videos.  I filled two 8GB memory chips.  I have downloaded one of the chips, and I have over 1200 photos just from Spain.  I probably have an equal number on the other chip from Paris and England.

I admit to being a dinosaur. For years I resisted making the move from a film camera to a digital camera.  For me there was nothing like seeing slides projected on a big screen. (And I still feel that way.)  However, I cannot deny the benefits of a digital camera.  I don't have to carry rolls of film with me, and I can take loads of pictures without worrying about using up my film.  And I am able to take interior pictures in churches and museums and night shots that I would not have been able to get with my film camera (unless I lugged a tripod with me too). 

Of course, a lot of my pictures will be discarded.  But after organizing just the pictures of Madrid and Segovia, I have 225 photos that I am saving.  Since getting my digital camera I have been preparing DVDs of my trip complete with background music.  I suspect that from this trip I will have three DVDs... one of Spain, one of Paris, and one of England.

Here is a random sampling of some photos that I like that I didn't post previously...


The Cathedral of Madrid at dusk
 
 
 
The Retiro Park in Madrid
 
 
An example of the extravagant architecture of Madrid from the early 20th century
 
 
Madrid's old city hall
 
 
The Roman aqueduct of Segovia
 
 
The Gothic cloister of the Cathedral of Segovia
 
 
Street scene in Segovia with the tower and dome of the cathedral in the background
 
 
On the ramparts of the Alcázar, Segovia's fairy-tale castle


4 comments:

  1. I think I have to move Spain closer to the top of my bucket list. Right behind Cuba!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really must go! If it weren't for the fact that a) it's so far... b) it's more expensive... although not nearly as expensive as France or the UK... and c) I have dear friends in Mexico... Spain could easily replace Mexico as my favorite place to visit.

      Delete
  2. Great pics once again. Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete