While staying with Katie and Olivier, they taught me a card game that I had never heard of... something called "crapette". It is a form of solitaire for more than one player, and the first person to get rid of all of their cards is the winner.
I tried to do some research on the origins of the game on the internet. It appears to be of Russian origin, but the version they play uses a French deck of Tarot cards (not the Tarot cards used by fortune tellers, but the ones used in some European card games). There are four suits as in the deck that we are are used to, but each suit has four face cards... King, Queen, Knight, and Valet. In addition there are 21 numbered cards that do not belong to any suit and a card that is similar to the joker. The game is not really difficult, but you have to look carefully to not miss an opportunity to play one of your cards. I won the first two games we played, but that was "beginner's luck, and because their daughter was helping me. Later, my luck ran out.
Katie gave me a deck of cards and the rules of the game to take back to Mexico. However, I have never seen Alejandro and his family play cards, so I don't know if they will want to learn.
No comments:
Post a Comment