My last evening in Ohio I had dinner by myself at a local Indian restaurant called the Saffron Patch. Indian cuisine is one of my favorites. We have a very good Indian restaurant in Mexico City just a couple blocks away from the apartment. However, my introduction to Indian food was at the Saffron Patch many years ago.
As a starter I ordered "paneer pakora". "Paneer" is an Indian version of cottage cheese, and "pakora" is a fried fritter. These fritters were stuffed with chutney. It was served with dipping sauces of mint and of tamarind.
For my main course I ordered chicken tikka masala, one of the best known Indian dishes, but one which probably did not originate in India. It is thought to have been created by a South Asian chef in Great Britain. It is debated who exactly invented the dish, but it has become one of the most popular dishes in Britain.
Along with the tikka masala I had garlic naan, Indian flatbread. To drink I had a mango lassi, a traditional yogurt based drink.
The meal was very tasty, and I am glad to see that the quality of the restaurant remains as good as I remember.


No comments:
Post a Comment