mexico

mexico

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Returning to the House Plants

When we returned from our trip, I found some big changes to a couple of my houseplants.

As you may remember, I have been rooting an avocado pit by suspending it in a glass of water.  Shortly before we left, a tall stalk had sprouted from the pit.  Upon returning, I discovered that the stalk had sprouted leaves.


 Although you can't see it in the photo, the stalk has several tiny leaves along its length.  I am wondering if these will develop into branches.  Next week I am going to put the plant into a pot.  Obviously, within the confines of the apartment it will not reach the size in which it bears fruit.  It perhaps will be an attractive houseplant, although I am not sure if it will get enough direct sunlight.

Before leaving on the trip I cut my poinsettia back.  When I returned it too was sprouting leaves.

The poinsettia will be four years old this autumn.  Each year it has produced red leaves, although the timing is usually off for it to bloom for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment