mexico

mexico

Saturday, August 22, 2026

More Soccer Art

I suspect that some of you are probably tired of posts dealing with soccer, but the World Cup has dominated Mexico City this summer.  Even weeks after the tournament's end, "fútbol" is still omnipresent.

I was recently in the Pino Suárez subway station, and came across an exhibit of soccer-related art there.  The paintings are by a contemporary artist named Erik Rivera.  I wasn't able to find out a lot about him, but he goes by the nickname of "El Niño Terrible" (The Terrible Child).  The characters in his paintings, even the adults, have large, child-like eyes.  Many of the works in this exhibition are painted on old cardboard boxes.  I do not know the significance of the eyeballs on many of the soccer balls.






















A clever idea...
a painting of soccer shoes inside a shoe box.

No comments:

Post a Comment