from airplane

from airplane

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Orchid

Last weekend Alejandro and I were at Home Depot to pick up a few things for the apartment.  They had a large selection of orchids which were on sale.  I have never had an orchid before, but a friend of mine back in Ohio says that they are easy to grow.  After some hesitation, I went ahead and bought one.  It is in front of the living room window where it gets bright sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains.



The plant is in a plastic container filled with bark.  The directions say to water it every 10 to 12 days, although I know that my friend waters it by placing ice cubes in the container.  I am sure that when she reads this, she will give me some advice.

I set it in a small Mexican dish, but today we are going to the "tianguis (outdoor market) that is held every Sunday around the corner from the apartment.  I'll see if I can find an attractive pot in which to place it.

No comments:

Post a Comment