from airplane

from airplane

Monday, March 11, 2024

Another New Piece of Furniture

This is the office in my apartment where I sit and write my blog every morning (when I am not at Alejandro's family's house).  I am usually out of bed shortly after 6 AM, and the first thing I do, even before breakfast, is to turn on the laptop and write an entry.


There was a black, upholstered office chair in the office, but shortly after I moved down here, one of the armrests broke off.  There are trucks that go up and down the streets of Mexico City daily which buy junk.  So, just to get the broken chair out of there, I sold it to one of those junk dealers for a whopping twenty pesos.  In the closet there was a folding chair, so that is what I have been using since then.

A short time ago, Alejandro bought me a new office chair.  He got it on Amazon, a company I rarely patronize (no desire to make one of the world's richest men richer), and it was made in China (probably unavoidable).  However, the chair does get very high scores on its reviews.  The chair was delivered to the family house, and this weekend, Alejandro brought it to the apartment.

Fortunately, he assembled it, since I don't have a lot of patience for such things.



So, I now have a nice, very comfortable, new office chair.


¡Gracias, Alejandro!



2 comments:

  1. Amazon Mexico has been a god send for those of us who are home bound and need necessities..........The quality and timeliness after many years of it taking a month to get something from the USA is startling and welcome.
    Enjoy your chair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even so, I am not a fan of that mega-company or its owner. Alejandro usually orders things from Mercado Libre, and he receives shipments as quickly as or quicker than Amazon.

      Delete