from airplane

from airplane

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Sidewalk Art


As I wrote in my previous post, I visited the special exhibit at the Cleveland Museum of Art last week.  Afterwards, I walked around the building to the gardens in the front.  There must have been an outdoor activity the weekend before in which people could do chalk drawings on the sidewalks.  We had not had any rain, so most of the drawings were still in good shape.  Some of the drawings were the scribblings of small children, but there were also some that were done by people with obvious artistic talent... or even professional artists.

(I later checked online, and, yes, indeed, on Saturday, September 11th, the museum had hosted its 32nd annual Chalk Festival.) 

I have to admit that walking through the garden, looking at the drawings on the sidewalk, was as interesting as the exhibit inside the museum.


















No comments:

Post a Comment