city at night

city at night

Friday, December 4, 2020

Another Delivery from Amish Country

A month ago I wrote about the new end tables for my living room that I had custom-made.  I ordered them at a nearby store that specializes in furniture made by craftsmen in the Amish country about an hour to the south of Cleveland.  At the same time I had ordered another piece of furniture.

I had a cheap, assemble-it-yourself stand for CDs and DVDs.  When it had outgrown my collection I kept it as a shelf for some of my knickknacks.


I had been looking in the stores, but finding a nice piece of furniture that was small enough to fit in that space was impossible.  So, when I ordered my end tables, I had also ordered a shelf custom-made to the dimensions that I wanted.  It was to be solid maple and with the same finish as the end tables.  It finally arrived last week, and I am very pleased with it.


I spent a bit of time deciding which items... quite a few of them souvenirs from my travels... I wanted on the shelf.  I settled upon the arrangement that you see above.

Now I am thinking... hmm, I need a new dining room table and chairs.

2 comments:

  1. That's a lovely piece. Now that you've seen the quality of the company's work, go for it! I've seen tables that collapse down to only about 18" deep against the wall, but will expand to seat MANY people. Size space saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this spring I will go back and order a dining room set. My current set is starting to fall apart, and it would be nice to have a good table and chairs in case the Swiss cousins come to visit!

      Delete