from airplane

from airplane

Friday, December 25, 2020

A White Christmas

 

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,

Just like the ones I used to know...


I can't remember the last time we had a white Christmas, but we certainly have one this year.  Yesterday afternoon the rain gradually turned to snow.  By evening the ground was covered.  When I chatted with Alejandro's family on Skype, I carried the laptop to the window so that they could see the snow, and there was a chorus of "oohs" and "aahs".

According to the forecast, here on the extreme west side of Cuyahoga County, I wasn't expecting much more than three inches.  But when I woke up this Christmas morning, there was a heavy blanket of snow, and it continues as I write this.  Fortunately this snow is not as wet and heavy so we will not have the damage to the trees that occurred with our previous snowstorm.



Even last night, I was planning to head over to the park in the center of Olmsted Falls this morning to get some pictures of the snow.  Even though it is a drive of less than two miles, it was somewhat of an adventure.  I was able to get out of the driveway without running the snow blower first.  The streets had been plowed, but with the continuing snow, driving was a bit tricky.  

I went to the covered bridge and from there took some pictures of Plum Creek.






Now if you will excuse me, I have to go out and run the snow blower.





May your days be merry and bright,

And may all your Christmases be white!


2 comments:

  1. Feliz Navidad to you- thanks for all the time and effort you spend posting your pictures and comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a very Feliz Navidad to you! Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog!

      Delete