city at night

city at night

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Out of Order

The condo that I rent is on the third floor of a residential building.  Well, it is on the third floor by Mexican count.  In the U.S. we would say that it is on the fourth floor.  Here what we call the first floor, the Mexicans call the "planta baja" (ground floor).   So in the elevator when I am leaving the building, I don't press "1"... I press "PB".  However, for the last couple weeks, I haven't been pressing any buttons in the elevator because it has been out of order.



I have been getting a bit of exercise climbing the stairs several times a day.  It is a nuisance, however, when I am carrying a heavy load of groceries from the supermarket.  By the time I reach the apartment, I am huffing and puffing from the altitude.  

Yesterday afternoon when I returned from a day of sightseeing, there were finally repairmen working on the elevator, and by evening I could hear that it was once again working.   

1 comment: