city at night

city at night

Thursday, June 7, 2018

A Concoction from My Kitchen

Yesterday for supper I threw together a bunch of stuff that I had in the fridge... and it turned out to be quite tasty.

I had three zucchini that I needed to use.  I cut them in half and arranged them in an oiled baking dish.  I lightly salted the zucchini, and then on top I put shredded sharp cheddar cheese and some chunks of Monterey Jack cheese.  I sprinkled some crushed tortilla chips over it.  Let's see, what else do I have in the refrigerator?  Ah, there was some guacamole that I had made the day before.  I spooned some of that on top.  



I covered the baking dish with foil and put it in a 375 degree oven.

Then, in a skillet, I sautéed in olive oil a red bell pepper and two large jalapeños, cut into chunks.  I then added a quarter of a large white onion sliced, and some minced garlic.  After that had begun to soften, I threw in a can of diced tomatoes.



I took the baking dish out of the oven and poured the sautéed veggies on top.  I covered the dish again and put it back in the oven for around twenty more minutes.

Here's supper!


I ate two of the zucchini last night, and I still have one left over for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment