city at night

city at night

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Bringing in the New Year




There are still a few hours remaining to the year 2017, but I just hung my 2018 calendar, a custom calendar that I ordered with photos which I took in Mexico City.

No New Year's Eve revelry is planned here.  At midnight I will open the front door, ring the dinner bell which belonged to my great-grandmother, and then go to bed.

The first week of the new year will be busy however.  Tomorrow I am invited to spend the day with one of my former teaching colleagues and her family.  I have been spending New Year's Day with them for the past several years, and we always have a very nice time.  Then there are more mundane activities planned.  On Tuesday the plumber is coming to repair a leaky pipe in the kitchen, on Wednesday I have a dentist appointment, and on Thursday I am taking my car in for service.  Then on Friday there is something enjoyable on my schedule.  My cousin and I are going to the Cleveland Museum of Art to see a special exhibit called "The Jazz Age".  

The following weekend I must get ready for my departure for Mexico on January 9th.
And then I can say "Adiós" to the snow and cold of an Ohio winter.

 

Happy New Year to all my readers!
Feliz Año Nuevo

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure it'll be tough to leave Cleveland in January for Mexico City, but I know you can do it! Haha...

    Feliz Año Nuevo!

    Hugs,

    Kim G
    Redding, CA
    Where the warm temperatures are an offset to the downsides of being here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you Kim! I'm sure that things are looking a lot happier for you and your mom.

      Delete