city at night

city at night

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

My Home Away From Home

Those of you who have been reading all of my posts will recall that I was in Mexico City last November, and that I was not very pleased with the apartment that I rented for that trip.  

My favorite apartment in Mexico City is owned by a charming lady by the name of Verónica.  Although it is no longer listed there, I had found her apartment a couple years ago on the "AirBnB" website.  I booked it for one of my trips to Mexico City, and was very pleased with it.  It is a lovely, comfortable place in an excellent location in the Condesa neighborhood.  I stayed there again on several subsequent trips, and soon began to think of it as my "home away from home" in Mexico City.  

Unfortunately, when I tried to book it for my trip last November, Verónica had a long term tenant. I tried to book it again for the Mexico City portion of this trip, but the apartment was still unavailable.  However, Verónica had another rental apartment that was available, so I reserved that one.

While I was in Mérida, I received an e-mail from Verónica telling me that the long term tenant had left, and that I could switch my reservation to my "home away from home"!

So here I am happily ensconced in my favorite place for the next two weeks! 



  

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That looks like a pretty plush place. You'll have to send me Verónica's contact info. I may want to rent such a place the next time I'm in DF.

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where we've wondered if we could do a house swap some time.

    ReplyDelete