city at night

city at night

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Hasta luego, Jane

Jane, my friend and former teaching colleague, left Mérida this morning on the early flight to Houston.  She loved Mérida, and said that, even after all the good things that I have told her about it, the city exceeded her expectations.  She's looking forward to traveling with me again to Mexico next winter, either to Mérida or to another city such as Oaxáca.  Unfortunately she is returning home to Ohio just in time for another cold wave.  The low temperatures are forecast to be near zero for the next week or more.  Brrrrr.... glad I won't be returning home until mid-February.

I thoroughly enjoyed playing "tour guide" again and am so happy that she had a good time.  Now I have a couple days on my own until my friend Alejandro flies in from Mexico City.

¡Buen viaje, Jane!

2 comments:

  1. What a PERFECT visit in the charming and lively city of Merida! Thank you, Bill, the very BEST host/guide one could ask for. I am so grateful to you for introducing me to the friendly and happy people of Merida and to the culture, history, customs, cuisine, and X'tabentun of the Yucatan! Jane

    ReplyDelete