city at night

city at night

Friday, January 24, 2014

In Mérida with Alejandro

This morning we left the house and checked into Hotel Luz en Yucatán for the weekend.  Our room wasn't ready yet so we left our luggage there, and I gave Alejandro the same tour of the main plaza that I had given Nancy and Fred, and Jane. 


                                In the Montejo House


                       On the balcony of the City Hall with the Cathedral in the background

After our tour of the plaza we went to "Sorbetería Colón", and once again they did not have mamey, my favorite flavor of sorbet.  (That's three out of four visits when they didn't have mamey!  I'm wondering if it's because mamey is so popular.)


We returned to the hotel, settled into the room, and then went down to the pool.  The weather was warm but not hotBut it was nice to think about the Arctic blast back home in Ohio... and here am I sitting in the swimming pool.

Tonight we will be going out for some good Yucatecan food, and then attending the concert of the Yucatán Symphony Orchestra.

2 comments:

  1. I took my Dad to the Montejo house last week and he almost stumbled over some national treasures. International incident averted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness he and the national treasures are OK!

      Delete