sugar skulls

sugar skulls

Friday, October 18, 2024

Flying Home

Yesterday was a long day.  I was up at 3:00 AM to check out of the hotel, drive to Cleveland airport, return my rental car and check in for my early flight to Houston.  It is amazing how busy the airport is at 4:30 in the morning... much busier than later in the day.  The line for security stretched forever.  Fortunately, I had splurged on a first class ticket, and I was able to go to a shorter line.  Security was less stressful because we did not have to take off our shoes or remove our electronic equipment from our carry-ons.

The flight left right on time.  From the window there was a view of the full moon.


We arrived in Houston almost a half hour ahead of schedule.



With our early arrival in Houston, my layover there was even longer that scheduled, but I was able to relax and have a bite to eat in the United Club.

The flight to Mexico City also left on time.  In a couple of hours we had begun our approach to Mexico City International Airport.




Paasing over some of the facilities that were built for the 1968 Summer Olympics, including the Palace of Sports with its distinctive dome.





Moments before touchdown

I went to Alejandro's family's home, and tonight Alejandro and I will go back to the apartment.

Home again!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment