volcanoes

volcanoes

Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Another Trip

This is a unique situation in the eleven years that I have been writing this blog.  I have not yet finished writing about my last trip, and I am now on another trip.

Yesterday I left Mexico for a ten day visit to Ohio.  I have a number of things that I want to do while I am up here.  The most important of those is to vote early at the Board of Elections in Cleveland.

My flight from Mexico City to Houston left the gate right on time.  We didn't have to wait too long on the runway before our turn to take off.






Flying over the coast of the Gulf of Mexico



The flight from Mexico City to Houston is only a little over two hours in duration, and we arrived ahead of schedule.


If you look very closely, you can just make out through the haze the skyline of downtown Houston on the horizon.

I had a three hour layover in Houston before taking my flight to Cleveland.  However, the layover turned out to be longer because my Cleveland flight was delayed.  I was a bit concerned.  The plane was originally scheduled to arrive at 10 P.M., and I had to get to the rental car center for my reserved vehicle before they closed at midnight.  We finally left the gate about fifty minutes late, but the pilot was able to make up some lost time.  We touched down at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport at about 10:30.  As it turned out I had plenty of time to take the shuttle bus to the car rental center and pick up my car.  Since my arrival was late at night, I had arranged to stay the first night at a hotel.  This morning I checked out, and drove to the home of a high school friend where I am spending a couple of nights.

I will finish up with my European trip before I continue with my Ohio trip.




No comments:

Post a Comment