city at night

city at night

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Zipping Through



I am writing this at the Houston airport, so I am part way home.  So far, knock on wood, everything has gone very smoothly.  Alejandro drove me to the airport this morning, and, although traffic was congested, we still had time to have breakfast there before I went through security.

My flight from Mexico City pulled away from the gate ten minutes ahead of schedule, and we arrived in Houston fifteen minutes early.  I had upgraded to a roomier "economy plus" seat, and there was no one in the middle seat, so my flight was very comfortable.  

Immigration and customs in Houston have always been quick and painless.  Today, however, was exceptionally fast.  My flight must have been the only international flight arriving at that hour because no one else was there.  No waiting at all.  The agent at immigration asked me where I had been and if I had brought any alcohol or tobacco.  By the time that my flight was supposed to arrive in Houston, I was already through immigration and customs.  Passing through security was equally easy.  No one else was there.  I didn't feel rushed putting all my stuff in the bins, and I could take my time putting myself back together. 

I have more than a three hour layover here in Houston, so I used one of my passes for the United Club to pass the time comfortably.  Hopefully the rest of the day will go as easily, and by early evening I will be home in Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment