from airplane

from airplane

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Another Trip Draws to a Close



It is hard to believe, but six weeks have passed, and tomorrow I will return home to Ohio.  I have left the apartment and I am now at Alejandro's home.  He will drive me to airport tomorrow morning for my 10 A.M. flight from Mexico City to Houston.  In some respects the time has flown by.  On the other hand, as I look through my photos, things that we did early on, such as going to the top of the Revolution Monument, seem as if they were a long time ago, even on a previous trip.

Yesterday and again today, I received emails from United Airlines informing me that if I have been in China in the last two weeks I will either be turned away (if I am not a U.S. citizen) or put in quarantine.  Fortunately I have been in Mexico the entire time.  Although there were a couple of suspected cases in Mexico, those people were tested and did not have the corona virus.  Passing through immigration at Houston airport is usually very speedy, but I wonder if tomorrow it will be slower since the agents will surely be asking more questions of each arriving passenger.




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Gracias, Meredith. I'm writing this at Houston Airport, so I am part way home. So far everything has gone super-smoothly.

      Delete